Hotwire is growing and in need of a senior new business development leader to join our ambitious team in either our San Francisco or New York office.
You are self-motivated, driven, collaborative and excited to make connections that lead to new relationships. You have extensive experience leading new business at a technology-focused communications firm and an ability to develop creative and strategic programs that drive a strong funnel. You’re an inspiring leader and an expert relationship builder and relentless in your pursuit of seeking out connections and prospects and turning them into new business wins.
You are a relationship builder, opportunity finder and a deal closer who has spent time in communications and marketing agencies in a business development role. You will work with a global team. This is a ‘take your career to the next level’ role working to find new business opportunities with clients spending between $300K and $1M each year on communications and marketing services.
- Translate the agency’s integrated communications goals into a business development plan that drives growth.
- Build relationships with senior leaders at prospective technology and consumer companies so that Hotwire is considered when they search for new agency support.
- Work with the executive and leadership team internally to fully understand our unique integrated communications capabilities and work to position those competitively with prospects.
- Collaborate with global business development and marketing teams to create programs that drive a strong funnel of prospects
- Lead the strategic pitch development with a cross-functional internal team
- Manage pitch teams (RFI/RFQ/RFP).
- Understand and execute our best practice business development process - and teach and coach internal teams on the process and how they can participate.
- Attending events, meeting new people, reading about the industry and a relentless desire to find companies who need our services and will be great partners.
- Find, pitch and close opportunities that amount to $300,000 to $1M annually in revenue.
- Drive the outbound new business development effort resulting in qualified opportunities that enable us to reach our annual revenue targets.
- Deliver 2 ‘big game ($75k+/m)” opportunities per quarter
- Deliver opportunities within all key sectors – Healthtech, Fintech, Software & IT, Enterprise, Consumer
- Attend at least 1 networking trade event per week.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience with at least 3 years at a communications agency
- Demonstrative experience hitting sales targets, revenue goals and negotiating contracts
- Proven track record of commercially impacting a business via relationship building and strategic client consultancy
- Experience building relationships with CMOs, CEOs, VP Marketing/PR, and senior business leaders and gain confidence of prospective clients
- Have a strong business acumen to uncover business challenges and devise communications solutions that win new clients
- Established network in the communications industry or other professional services
- You are a highly self-motivated and driven team player with experience leading business development at a communications firm. You are excited about operating within a global business and collaborating with a team around the world.
- This is a role with national and global responsibilities so you’re willing and able to travel as needed to other offices and tradeshows as required
- You like sharing what you know and will happily coach other team members and facilitate internal training programs
- You will work to understand Hotwire’s unique communications capabilities and leverage these against competitor offerings
- You have strong entrepreneurial skills and interest in building a world class agency
- You are a skilled presenter and have participated and led winning pitches
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word and Salesforce
Hotwire is a global integrated communications agency dedicated to helping ambitious companies change their game, build their reputation, and stand out from the crowd. Our technology communications experts provide our clients with in-depth knowledge and experience of a number of market categories. From Sydney to San Francisco, we’re a team, with a ‘one office’ mentality. Our international team works across our 22 locations, including the UK, US, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia and New Zealand, together with affiliate partners. We bring the best of our knowledge, skills and experience to all of our clients wherever they are in the world and are committed to being the best agency they'll ever work with. When it comes to people, Hotwire PR employs collaborative and creative entrepreneurs. Our people are our product. So the hiring, development and promotion of our people is priority number one.
Hotwire values diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category protected under the law.